Sunday, May 1, 2011

Got a veil and Osama is dead

Life is about the moments. For example, going on a day trip with Rebecca. Awesome. Getting to see Christy and Erik and their children. Epic. Today I was blessed to be able to spend a beautiful day with these amazing people. In between all of this we were able to take a walk around Greenlake. It was beautiful! Such a perfect day. Reminds me why this is the most amazing place on the planet, well one of them.

While up at Camano Island I borrowed Christy's veil and headpiece. This way I don't have to buy them. Yay! Now, you are probably asking, why didn't you just have them send them? Well, becuase if we had done that I couldn't have had tasty hamburgers and a good time with my friends. Oh yeah! Good food, friends, and an amazing sunny day? It was a no brainer.

Then, I hung out with some work friends. It was at Paul Cramer's house that I heard Osama was dead. I headed home to watch the President's address. So, to cap off a great day Osama is dead. Finally, the manhunt is done.

This doesn't mean we are done. I am grateful that the president pointed this out. We are by no means out of the clear. We still have troops in harms way and it is my prayer that God protects them from retaliation. Extremest Muslims will try to use this as a raling point. I hope though that they see the glory of the true God and come to realize that this is not the way. I also hope that America doesn't fall into a spiral of hate speech either. Yes, we killed Osama. Was it ideal? No, judgement is left to God. But was in necessary? Yes. I am proud of our troops. I am proud to be an American.

Today will be a day that I will always remember and not just because there is one less terrorist idiot out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment