Monday, September 12, 2011

You want me to what????

So there I was. Feeling all bad ass about myself because I've done this before. I conquered warrior dash last year. This year, its on. Right? WRONG! Nothing like being made to eat humble pie over and over! First of all, I've gained back all the weight I lost. I have decided that newlywed weight is BS and it has to come off. Mostly because if I am going clothes shopping it is not because I need a larger size. Second, I want to own warrior dash next year.


You might be thinking, but you finished right? Well, yes. I did. However, I couldn't do some of the obstacles because of my knee and the fact that I didn't have the upper body strength. (there were only two that I went around). All is not lost though. I did learn some lessons and practical applications from attempting to kill myself. Here is what I learned.


1. Physical obsticals are great metaphors for mental ones. It is very easy to say I can't. How do we know we can't? Have we even attempted the thing that we are afraid off? For me, fear is what leads me to say I can't. It is easier to sit on the sidelines and wish for what could have been, then to take that leap of faith. Where does the strength come from to surmount our fears, our obstacles?


What was pointed out to me over and over during Saturday was that all things are possible through Christ. Bear with me on this, it will make sense. Nate stayed with me the whole time. I know that he wants to run it, but I love him for staying with me and cheering me on and not letting me give up. There was one obstical that I did and it scared the crap out of me. Platforms a few feet apart at varing heights. Yep, not my thing really. I got up on one and there was Nate he helped me over the rest. I had to put aside my pride and allow him to help me. If not I would have had to get off and go around. That would not have been cool. I finished, I made it over all the platforms, but not on my own and that is ok.

How often do we take that one step on to that first platform of faith and see the chasim between it and the next platform? How often do we step off and go well, I must not be called to do that because its too hard for me? Did we ask Jesus to step up and get us across the chasim? Did we allow our Savior to work thru us and show those around us his glory? Those chasims are not for us to cross on our own. They are for Jesus to come can carry us across. If we do it all on our own how can we show the world how powerful our God is? Just imagine what happens though when you cross the uncrossable because Jesus took you to the next platform.

In 1 Timothy 4:17 it says "but the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and that the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lions mouth." The thing that I need to remember most is that the Lord is at my side and He is my strength. He will be there.

2. I have an amazing husband. He is a godly man who points me towards God. We always seem to have deep conversations when we are driving somewhere, so I cherish the time that we have in the car. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a metaphor for truly having faith. Don't give up just because you can't do it on your own power. If God is telling you to move forward then you can do it with his help. And cheers for hubby for the encouragement and you for diving in and going for it!

    ReplyDelete